Monday, July 20, 2009

Inuvik, NWT.

I have made it above the Arctic circle! People here tell me that entitles me to a certificate from cityhall, though I think the ancient propeller airplane that got me here deserves most of the credit--not to mention the nice people at the airport who saved me a $30 cab fare by giving me a lift to town.

This has to be a quick update as I have two meetings today to try and catch what might be the last rides into the delta for the summer--apparently summer here is just about over (the sun set for an hour last night!).

I've already run into 4 foxes and helped paddle a canoe to the town's boat ramp. Though I think the ride was more of treat for me than a genuine request for help, the gentleman had just just paddled his boat 27 days down the Mackenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment